DigiDems will positively impact Democratic outcomes in the 2018 election cycle and will help establish the next generation of campaign organizers and tech developers. We will work with federal campaigns across the country to implement best practices in the tech space, optimize platforms and opportunities, and utilize resources fully.
As a DigiDems Organizer you will be trained on the latest in Campaign Technology and then placed into a campaign or organization focused on key races to help them execute and win. Become a key part of a tight-knit, hardworking team of amazing people around the country working collectively to win many races for Democrats.
You will have the opportunity to learn and contribute to fundamental aspects of the campaign, beyond technology. This is an immediate opportunity to develop career-making skills, gain contacts in politics and technology and have a positive impact on the world.
This position will run until the end of November (post midterms). Training will be held for 2 days prior to your placement into a campaign. The location of your campaign will be based on need and priority (we will cover your travel). Must be passionate about the Democratic agenda and willing to; roll up your sleeves, be adventurous, work long hours, become a traveler and temporarily relocate (we will help here as well) to support your campaign or organization.
This position is classified as full-time temporary employment. It will end on Nov 30, 2018, after the mid-term elections.
- Help your candidate win by helping them use technology as effectively as possible.
- Collaborate and share best practices, biggest learnings with your fellow DigiDems
- Support (deploying, setting up, operating, troubleshooting) core tech platforms for a campaign.
- Advocate the use of technology to campaign leadership, when appropriate, based on local data and comparisons across all Team members.
- Manage the contributions and schedules of Partners and Tech Volunteers provided by RagTag and other organizations.
- Execute online advertising campaigns (targeting, uploading, etc.) which are planned by the campaign or by other organizations.
- Providing training to staff and volunteers on tech tools. And, yes, providing tech support to local campaign workers (sorry).
- Identify enhancements that could make big improvements. Document and communicate ideas to technical staff and partners. Analyze and document the effectiveness of technology, contributing to a post-mortem analysis.
- Do whatever non-tech stuff is required to get your candidate to 51%
- Bachelor's degree, intensive Bootcamp training and/or experience in web development, software engineering, product management, business administration, analytics or similar
- Ability to be a positive presence in a constantly evolving environment where process is fluid and creative solutions are the norm.
- Ability to analyze and solve problems independently.
- Communication, collaboration and presentation skills.
- Experience with progressive activism or Democratic campaigns
- Experience in Operations, Product or Engineering with Advertising, Social, or Messaging products.